Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mississippi Mud Cake

It seems I am on a sort of dessert spree lately. Today is no different from any other! This recipe is a lot old. I have been making this for 21 years. How do I know that? I made this for my baby girl's first birthday. Brian found the recipe somewhere. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. And remember the number one rule. There is NO SUBSTITUTE FOR BUTTER.

Mississippi Mud Cake

2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350. Butter a 9X13 pan. Beat 1 cup softened butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. Mix cocoa, salt and flour together. Add to creamed mixture and beat until smooth. Add chopped pecans. Spread into prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes. Cool.

Icing

1/3 cup cocoa
1 pound powdered sugar
1 cup melted butter
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans

Sift together cocoa and powdered sugar. Mix together with melted butter, milk and vanilla. Add pecans. Spread over cooled cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment