Monday, April 11, 2011

Pimento Cheese Spread

As some of you know, the Masters Golf Tournament is a big deal around here. Brian gets all hyped up, anxiously awaiting the day, and suddenly it is here. I have preparations to make, also. We have traditions for the day. 4 Cheese Pimento Cheese sandwiches must be prepared and wrapped in waxed paper, just like at the tournament. Peach cobbler must be made. And for me, Azalea cocktails when it is all said and done. Brian dons his green jacket with his Masters golf emblem taped to it, and cheers on each and every player. This year, he purchased the Wii golf game put out by Tiger Woods, along with their little WiiMote golf club thingy. For you all, here is my adjusted recipe that is almost like the pimento cheese sandwiches that they actually do serve at the Masters. We just don't like blue cheese here, so I substitute. We eat it all week... It is awesome on toast, as grilled cheese, and today I am going to try it in an omelet. I hope you enjoy it, too!

Pimento Cheese Spread

3 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded yellow sharp cheddar cheese
4 oz crumbled feta cheese (The original recipe calls for blue cheese)
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 (4-oz) jar sliced pimentos, drained- I use about 2 tablespoons, and chop them!
1 cup light mayo
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
loaf of white bread

Combine cheeses, pimentos, mayo and mustard in a food processor and process until smooth. Most of the time, I just mix it in a bowl. With my hands. It is thick. Cover and chill. Spread on bread slices. Wrap it in wax paper to be authentic, and tape it closed. Write on the waxed paper, "P/C $4.50".

No comments:

Post a Comment