Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Brian's Cake

So, it has been awhile, hasn't it? I have been busy, but that is not any good excuse. Maybe lazy is better. Lately it seems I have been looking for recipes of what to do with extra ripe bananas. For some reason, I just can't throw them away. I made a few loaves of banana bread, that Grant loved and devoured. Then the other day, I remembered a recipe that my loving mother-in-law wrote out by hand for me many many many years ago that I occasionally make. It happens to be my husbands very favorite cake, too. I think that maybe I remember now why I don't make it, as I really hate to grease and clean out that bundt cake pan. But, hey. I love him, so what can I say. So, here I share with you, Brian's cake, which I think it is really known as Lady Bird Cake. No mixer required, just a bowl and a spoon for stirring. And don't go crazy on the stirring. Just sayin'.

Brian's Cake

3 cups sifted flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt

2 cups diced ripe bananas
1 cup vegetable oil
1 8 ounce can crushed pineapple, in heavy syrup
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs

Mix dry ingredients together in bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Stir to blend mixture, but do NOT over-mix. Mix by hand.

Pour batter into a well greased tube or bundt pan. Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Set aside to cool completely without removing from pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment