Friday, November 25, 2011

Blueberry Salad

I am not a big fan of jello molds or jello salads or stuff like that. One year, when we participated in a "supper club" at church, that was exactly what I was asked to bring. So started a long search of what to make. Something that I could choke down. You know, that wouldn't be conspicuous because I didn't eat the very thing that I brought? So I stumbled upon this recipe in a church cookbook from a previous church that we had gone to. Remains one of my favorites. Hope you enjoy it!

Blueberry Salad

1 can blueberries, drained- not blueberry pie filling, but the kind that you would use in muffins of bread
1 large can crushed pineapple in heavy syrup, drained
1 boxes raspberry jello
2 cups boiling water

Mix the 2 cups boiling water with the jello and stir until well dissolved. Stir in the fruit. Place in an oblong pan and refrigerate until set.

Topping

8 ounce sour cream
8 ounce cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup or so chopped pecans

Mix well the first 3 ingredients and spread over jello mixture. Sprinkle pecans over top. hill until set. Serve. Enjoy. I sure do!

No comments:

Post a Comment