Tuesday, February 9, 2010

IRS Queso

So, Grant loves my queso. It is a strange recipe. I have never had it at anyone else's house before. It is a recipe that my husband found on his beloved crockpot recipe group that he belongs to online somewhere in cyberspace. Here it is for all of you that might want to try out something just a bit different. Funny, my son just walked in the room as I was typing this out and gave me a great big yes and two thumbs up. Enjoy!

IRS Queso

2 pound box Velveeta (use only Velveeta, not generic)
1 pound spicy breakfast sausage, browned and drained
1 jar chipotle salsa
1 can sliced black olives
1 can slices mushrooms (Grant says these are optional)
3 sliced scallions
1/2 cup white wine

Cube Velveeta. Mix all ingredients together in crockpot. Heat on LOW for a couple hours until thoroughly melted. Stir occasionally to prevent scorching. Serve with tortilla chips. Also delicious on eggs the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment