Sunday, September 19, 2010

Crockpot Minestrone

So, the other day I was looking for a crockpot recipe, one that would use the things I had in the house, but of course that didn't happen! I love cooking in the crockpot. So, I found a recipe that I adjusted to my family's tastes, and one that used things that I had in the pantry/freezer. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family did. Grant really likes it the next day for breakfast, too.

Minestrone

1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into smaller chunks
3-4 tablespoons minced dried onion, or 1 medium onion, chopped
1 package onion soup mix
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 cup frozen lima beans, or more if you want
15 ounce can Italian style tomato sauce
1 can tomato puree
1 can beef broth
3 cups water
4 bouillon cubes
1 can green beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can garbanzo beans
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano

1 cup small shaped pasta, cooked al dente

Mix all but last ingredient in crockpot. Cook on high 4-5 hours, low 8-10 hours. Add prepared pasta last hour of cooking. Serve with crusty bread and fresh fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment